Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nursery Tour: Brydie's Calming Elephant Nursery

You may remember here, where I showed you a design board I put together for a friend.....Kari and I were marching girls together (yes, you heard correctly....marching girls. NOT baton twirlers) what seems like sooooo long ago, about 15 years ago actually!

Anyway, Kari & her hubby welcomed gorgeous Brydie into the world nearly a year ago and I finally got organised to get the nursery photographed (by the lovely Lisa Nankervis, who also photographed Hugh's Nursery for Little One Baby Magazine).

The nursery was designed to be gender neutral before Brydie arrived and I gave them options of colour palettes for boy and girl options to add in later (I was sure Brydie was going to be a boy, based on my very scientific process - which was based on absolutely nothing).

We left the paint the same colour, which was Solver Smoke Pearl (I know because I did their colour selection when they built their new home!) and added in reds and pinks. The rocking chair is a family heirloom which was recovered in a gorgeous neutral fabric.And oooohhhh how soft and gorgeous the rug is!Sweet elephant prints from Trafalger SquareThe elephant decal (below) was made by The Wallsticker Company....you might not be able to see it but it has Brydie printed on it.We had this print custom made by My Sweet Prints. It's the words to Kari & Clinton's first dance as a married couple!
Don't forget, if you would like a nursery or child's room designed just for you, please contact me!

3 comments:

Larissa said...

What a cute nursery! Do you know where the rug is from?

Belinda - Nest Design Studio said...

Thankyou Larissa. This rug is from Freedom Furniture. There are similar rugs available at Ikea as well.

Cath said...

The tree decal is divine where did it come from?

©Nest Design Studio
Real Time Web Analytics